Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Nurgle Lord WIP 2


I am making slow progress on painting the Nurgle Lord, who I have tentatively named Anguis Lumbricus, King of Worms. Some basic colours are on and shading started, but there's still a long way to go. I have been slowed by, what else, a bout of illness, which knocked me out for three days!

Green armour is a bit of a cliche for Nurgle figures, but in the end it seemed right for this figure. I reckon on the pink of the worms and the red raw boils (still to be done) to really stand out on the green background of the armour.

What are you guys working on at the moment?

5 comments:

  1. Haha, a bout of illness, you've been blessed by Nurgle.

    I like the variety of the armour colour, I can't see the grizzly boils, the photo is too small, he looks pretty epic though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boils still to do! That's why you can't see them.

    I just take snaps for WIP shots, full shoot when he's finished and posted on the WAMP site.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like it a lot!

    Really like the base so far as well. The "face" though is a bit lost currently.

    Oh and I finally took your advice to use more washes and glazes if you could take a look I would really appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sure is a cute monster... And using the coconut shell looks lots of fun. Do you like coconut that much?

    I also have few AOW miniatures waiting for coat of paint. Hope to see this piece finished!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Coming along nicely sir! The muted, earthy colors really brings the mini into the right setting. My only concern is for the rack (never liked the bit) but I'm sure you will make it work.

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete